Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mystery Mix


This one is a bit of an oldie... I first compiled this mix 16 years ago while living in San Francisco. I never bothered to make a track listing for it, most of the songs were familiar to me, but some were dubbed from other friends' mixes (which were also missing any track listings). I've loved this mix for a long time, it never fails to remind me of that time and place in my life. I stumbled across the tape again recently and decided it was time to reveal the tracks. Luckily, I knew all the artists, so it just took a bit of dedicated Googling to finally reveal the track list. It has been recreated as an mp3 playlist/CD. Hope you like it.

WHERE IS MY MIND?

Side 1
TrackArtistTitle
1.4 Non BlondesWhat's Up
2.JellyfishI Wanna Stay Home
3.Paul McCartney & WingsUncle Albert/
Admiral Halsey
4.Dinosaur Jr.Muck
5.Kate BushThe Empty Bullring
6.The BatsBlock Of Wood
7.Don McLeanAmerican Pie
8.Robyn Hitchcock & The EgyptiansSerpent at the
Gates of Wisdom
9.BadfingerNo Matter What
Side 2
TrackArtistTitle
1.Jorma Kaukonen with Tom HobsonGenesis
2.Chris CornellSeasons
3.The Beach BoysGod Only Knows
4.The BucketsSeven Babies
5.Elton JohnBennie And The Jets
6.Ten Years AfterI'd Love To
Change the World
7.The TroggsWild Thing
8.Van MorrisonBrown Eyed Girl
9.Concrete BlondeLittle Conversations
10.Joni MitchellThe Circle Game
11.Roy OrbisonCandy Man
12.PixiesWhere Is My Mind?

No comments: