Friday, May 1, 2009

Mix Madness!


The first 3 days of May have been set aside for a mix-a-thon on the ZeRO site, so I whipped up this confection for the occasion. It's mostly composed of the kinds of things that have been tempting my ears lately, and I'm pretty happy with the way the whole thing came together. I'm glad that Sammy suggested the mix-a-thon, it's got my creative juices flowing again, as it has for many other mixers on the site. I've already started two others, and have ideas for more brewing. Enjoy!


1 Mexican God- Robyn Hitchcock

2 If I Knew- TheOriginal Sins

3 Swordfishtrombone- Tom Waits

4 Flagpole- Michelle Malone and The Low-Down Georgia Revue

5 People They Know- Peter Bjorn And John

6 Tape Song- The Kills

7 Ottoman- Vampire Weekend

8 Melt Your Heart- Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins

9 Bad Cat (Demo Recording)- Roy Orbison

10 Hound Dog- Betty Everett

11 Blind Mary- Gnarls Barkley

12 No Return- Yo La Tengo

13 Red Tide- Neko Case

14 This- Brian Eno

15 The Clockwise Witness- Devotchka

16 Heartbeats- José González

17 The Way I Am (Live on WERS)- Ingrid Michaelson

18 Love Is Lighter Than Air- The Magnetic Fields

19 No Aloha- The Breeders

20 I'll Be Your Man- The Black Keys

21 The Repudiated Immortals- of Montreal

22 My Man is a Mean Man- Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings

23 La Ventana- Los Doltons

24 Lily and Parrots- Sun Kil Moon

25 So Desperate- The Mountain Goats

26 Under This Moon- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

No comments: